When Home is Where You Want to Be
OUR HOME HEALTH SERVICES
BARKSDALE HOME CARE SERVICES Have been training Home Health Aides and Personal Care Aides for over a decade at our on-site equipped training facility.
The training site has a bedroom, bathroom and kitchen to allow for real life practice in a real life setting.
As a courtesy Barksdale will provide you with an initial over the phone consultation at no cost.
WE HAVE BILINGUAL SPANISH SPEAKING HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
- REGISTERED NURSES (RNs)
Our registered nurses provide nursing assessments and care consultations
- HOME HEALTH AIDES
These trained health professionals provide basic nursing care and homemaking services:
Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services; shopping for food and other household requirements; preparing and serving meals and snacks; running errands.
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient; advising on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepses standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards;
PERSONAL CARE AIDES/COMPANIONS
Care givers assist clients who are capable of making choices about their daily living activities. Personal care is available during your convalescence or hospital stay
Our medical housekeepers routinely clean patients' immediate home environment (Kitchen, bedroom, living room and bathroom areas). Using various cleaning disinfectants, they wipe down and clean furniture, wash floors, vacuum carpets, make beds, empty trash, collect and wash dirty laundry, and distribute clean linen. Furthermore, they oversee any need for repairs or replacements for home appliances.